August 3, 2018

Yoga Pose for Runners : Anjaneyasana (Low Lunge)

 Low Lunge Pose

Muscles Engaged
  • Quadriceps - Specifically the Rectus Femoris
  • Sartorius 
  • Glutes
  • The iliopsoas muscles - The strongest flexors of the thigh
I love this stretch because it helps me open not just the muscles of my legs but my whole body. 

In a sense, it's a full body stretch.

Lately, I've been stretching not just my lower body muscles but my mind. 
Life has been challenging me to find room to compromise in situations that I feel very strongly about not compromising.

How do you find a middle ground? 
How do you find a way to work with others who's life philosophy greatly contradicts yours?
Something has to be compromised. 
Both parties have to come to a resolution.

At first there was a lot of  push back & resistance on my end.
But once I thought it through, I realized, this is a temporal situation that has a deadline. 

So am going to surrender, knowing that this is not just about me and what I want and how I want things to be down.
 I have to honor and respect the voices and opinions of others even if it contradicts mind. 

With the greater understanding that this particular situation is not just about me.


No comments:

Post a Comment