July 23, 2018

5 Tips for Exercising on the Road


It's that time of the year for family or solo summer vacation trips.
Life on the road can quickly get unhealthy if you don't plan ahead of time to stay healthy and  fit.

Or maybe like me, you just travel alot for work.

Here are 5 ways I stay active on the road whether am heading to a city like New York where the hotels for sure have a gym or am roughing it out in the jungles of Maine and Vermont.


1. Planning 
Call the hotel ahead of time or look on their website to confirm that they have a fitness center or pool. I always call because sometimes they might be closed for specific seasons or under construction. Some hotels with no fitness center have affiliations with a local gym where hotel guests can get a free pass to workout.

2. Preparation
Always pack a workout attire and shoes. I also always bring a swimsuit because swimming is such a good and relaxing full body workout.

3. Bring Your own Equipment. It could be a workout dvd, some free weights, yoga blocks or in my case, a jumping rope. Most hotels have graduated to smart tvs in the rooms. This is a great options because you'll have access to youtube and plenty of online workout videos.

4. Get creative. Sometimes even with the presence of a gym I don't feel like being caged in a room ( hotel gyms are notorious for being small). I get creative by choosing to instead do the hotel stairs. The taller the building the better the workout.

5. Go Local Before your trip, look up information about the city or town you're visiting. Is there a local park you can visit, a hiking or jogging trail? A mountain to climb? That way you can combine being a tourist with staying active.


I hope you found these 5 tips useful. If you have other tips that I did not list please mention them in the comment section below or send me an email at mapeteniche@gmail.com.

Also don't forget to check out my Instagram handle @fitpaysangirl for more healthy lifestyle tips.

I am always looking for ways to maximize working out on the road.



No comments:

Post a Comment