June 7, 2019

Elan Trotman's Tribute to Marvin Gaye


For my friend's birthday celebration, we started the night with dinner at 730 Tavern, Kitchen and Patio on mass ave.

Since I had already had an early dinner, I was there for the drinks, appetizers and dessert but when one of the guests was lovely enough to bring a cake for the celebrations, I settled for ordering just an appetizer, the calamari.

It was a really nice space and I want to go back because apparently they have a Sunday buffet brunch for $17....hello! And they'll be celebrating National Rum Day on Aug 16th...double hello!



(frame of Mia Hamm soccer jersey at 730 Tavern)

After dinner, we headed out to Sculler's Jazz Club to watch Elan Trotman's tribute to the late Marvin Gaye. Elan released a tribute cd based on his rendition of the acclaimed artist's work.
I had never heard of this amazing saxophonist until the night of the concert and I am already trying to figure out how to attend his next show in Boston (New Year's Eve ).

They used the downstairs venue at sculler so it was small and intimate, just the way I like my jazz concerts. I highly recommend attended Elan Trotman's shows if he's coming to a city near you. 


1 comment: