July 3, 2018

Running as movement therapy


“Start somewhere today. 

Don’t put it off. 

You can do something no matter how ‘small’ you think it is in terms of your long-term goal. 

Every step you take is one you’ll be thankful for when you get there. 

Remember: You’re lapping everyone who’s still on the couch”

_Caressa Sharp

____________________________________

June has ended with me on the floor of my good friend's living room, sipping ginger tea and wailing at the unproductive & fruitlessness of my life at the moment.

I am not meeting my life goals.
I am a corporate wellness consultant who is struggling with losing weight and working out.
Even though I have a graduate degree in my field, I'm having major imposter syndrome.
I am not putting to action my plan of action.
I mean what's the point of having a to do list and a game plan if you're not going to put it in practise?
I have YET to complete my vision board **Jesus take the wheel** lol

As I evaluate the first half of 2018 and all it's misfortunes, one ray of sunshine, one hope that I can hold on to is that, every day I am alive and healthy, is the gift of a second chance, a new beginning, an opportunity to Get Up & Try Again.

In November 2012, I wrote a blog post about Not Giving Up  . I have gone back and reread it as a gentle reminder for myself. 

So that't what I'm doing this July.

I'm getting back into running. 

I'm not going to be scrambling around trying to attend a bunch of fitness classes all month.

I am simply getting back just into walking & running.

And I also want to focus on running as therapy, nutrition for running and yoga for running. 

Everything about July will be an attempt to jump start my relationship with running.

The reason for starting here is because running has always been my confident booster. Each mile i can overcome pain to accomplish strengthens my mental muscles* and gives me the confidence that I can apply the same will power in my everyday life issues.

What are your goals for July? Besides barbecuing on july 4th?
Let me know in the comment sections below .

Don't forget to Follow me on Instagram : @Fitpaysangirl


No comments:

Post a Comment