November 25, 2016

For Grace and Gratitude

Location: Barbara C. Harris Camp & Conference Center
Greenfield, New Hampshire

A weekend retreat to disconnect from my busy life and be intentional about seeking God and one on one time with the Holy Spirit.

Psalms 46:10 
Be Still and Know that I am GOD

"The Christian retreat can be defined in the most simplest of terms as a definite time (from a few hours in length to a month) spent away from one's normal life for the purpose of reconnecting, usually in prayer, with God"

Psalm 23: 1-6 The Good Shepherd

Mathew 11 : 28 - 30
"Come to Me, all of you who are weary, and burdened, and I will give you rest. All of you, take up My yoke and learn from Me, because I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for yourselves. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light"


Hosea 2: 14 - 23
" Therefore, I am going to persuade her, lead her to the wilderness, and speak tenderly to her. There I will give her vineyards back to her and make the valley of Achor into a gateway of hope...."


Romans 8: 26 - 28
" In the same way the spirit also joins to help in our weakness, because we do not know what to pray for as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us in unspoken groanings. And He who searches the heart knows the Spirit's mind-set, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. We know that all things work together for the good of those who Love God: those who are called according to His purpose."

Hebrews 13 : 5 - 6
"Your Life should be free from the love of money. Be satisfied with what you have, for He Himself has said, I will never leave you or forsake you. Therefore, we may boldly say: 
The lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? "


To be honest you don't have to go into the woods to have a "retreat". For some people it's a better option because their living environment doesn't permit that to happen. But using the same concept of "staycations", if you have complete control over your environment , you can have a "retreat" at home. It may require more discipline and structure on your end but its definitely do-able. So take some vacation time off work and use those days as a "staycatreat ".


No comments:

Post a Comment