There is a natural slowing that comes with fall. The light shifts. The air changes. The pace of things, almost without asking, begins to soften.
I’ve learned to pay attention to that shift instead of resisting it.
For a long time, I tried to carry the same energy through every season.The same expectations, the same pace, the same output. But the body responds differently as the year moves forward. What felt sustainable in the spring doesn’t always feel that way in the fall.
Fall invites a different kind of attention. Less outward, more inward. Less urgency, more steadiness.
I find myself drawn to quieter routines. Meals that are warm and familiar like a hearty turkey chili bowl. Evenings that end earlier. Movement that feels grounding rather than expansive.
There is a sense of returning , not to where I was, but to what steadies me.
I’ve learned that grounding doesn’t require effort as much as it requires permission.
Permission to slow down. Permission to release what the year no longer needs to carry.
Fall, in its own quiet way, makes that easier.

Comments
Post a Comment