August 25, 2020

Current Life Lessons : COVID 19 Reopening Phase


Lesson #1. 

"You cannot trade time for money".

That is my biggest lesson in this season. And by this season I mean post pandemic, reopening transitioning phases where we're all grasping for ANY opportunities to earn an income. 

I have come to appreciate my time in quarantine and all the ways I have grown mentally and spiritually. All the books I've read, learning a new skill in cyber security, connecting at a deeper level with my friends, getting on my financial & physical fitness, and etc.

I'm learning that, sometimes there is more value in how I spend my free time than whatever income I would have earned if I had exchange that time to work on something without purpose just to earn some money.


Lesson #2. 

I am not unlovable and my expectations are not overboard. 

Just because someone cannot love me the way I expect to be loved doesn't mean that they do not love me. It just means, they are limited in their ability to express it the way I want it to be expressed.

It means their love language is different from mine, so I need to pay more attention to other potential ways they may be trying to express that love.

And even if they truly refuse to love me.....it doesn't make me unlovable. That's their choice. It doesn't change the fact that I am loved by God and many other friends and family. I need to readjust my lens and focus on those who DO love me and engage with them to let those relationships flourish instead of obsessing over the rejections. Whatever you feed or give attention to , grows.


No comments:

Post a Comment