August 23, 2020

Book Review : The Alice Network by Kate Quinn


Image from : All Characters wanted

I borrowed my copy from my local library as I do with a lot of my books and unfortunately returned it without thinking to take personalized pictures with it. So the image of the book above is from All characters wanted, who also has a book review for it.

However, here is a picture of it on my instagram page with another book I am currently reading.


I looooooooooooooved the Alice Network.
This was a much needed break from my self help and spiritual books.

I am a sucker for periodics especially stories that go back and forth between the past and the present.

I love how the author inserts different themes about the feminist movement and the restrictions around women in those eras even those who fought for England in the World Wars.,

And in true James Bond fashion, you cant have a story about spies and not have a love story interwoven into it. 
The 2 go together like rice and beans.

I would say for me the story built up very slowly. 
I almost gave up on reading the book and actually put it down several times but decide to stick it through and I am glad I did that.

Once the story line or shall I say series of events picked up pace, I could not put the book down! I had to know what happened next.

I recommend this book if you like the following themes in your novels  #Adventure #Lovestory #Spies :) #Feminism #AllthingsBritish 

I looked up the Author Kate Quinn and she seems to have a couple of historical based novels especially around France, Germany and England with the settings being around the world wars.

Two others novels by this author that I would be interested in reading in the future are;
1. The Huntress


2. The Rose Code


I give it 4 Hearts❤❤❤❤ out of 5 
I subtracted one because of the slow beginning.






No comments:

Post a Comment