June 20, 2020

“A father is the template of a man Nature gives a girl”


This journey of life that we're all on, is a very interesting teacher.

Father's day is a holiday that I've spent many years celebrating.
 Now it's marked by grieve, not just because am still grieving my dad's passing but because he passed away during the week of this very holiday. I still remember how raw my pain was amidst the celebrations
and well wishes by ignorant strangers who didn't know my recent  pain.

The holiday has become a painful reminder of my loss in every sense of the word.

Yet, in the middle of that pain, I sometimes day dream of the day I will become a mother and wonder who will become the father of our child or shall I say children. 
I look forward to that day with pleasure and amusement even though I am currently single.


Happy father's day to all the men who are doing the damn thing. Raising their own children or step children, uncle awesomes, Big brothers acting as mentors to young men without father figures in their lives and everyone in between. It takes a village and right now we have an epidermic of absentee fathers. 
There is a leadership crisis around the world and that crisis has also infiltrated the nuclear family unit.
This generation is growing up without male role models in the household and one can only wait until the future to see the long term effects of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment