January 19, 2020

Birthday Reflection : 35 things I am grateful for.

Happy New Year 2020!

Yes, me attempting to do blogmas  in December  2019 was a bust. What was I thinking? Props to all the bloggers and YouTubers who are committed to posting every single day and still have a full time job and life. 

I spent the holidays and new year  in mexico and came back to Boston right in time for my birthday. To continue my birthday tradition, here are 35 things I am grateful for as we usher into this new decade. I wanted this gratitude list to be specific to 2019 and all the wonderful ways I was blessed in that year.





1. I am grateful for my health, without it, my current lifestyle of being on the go will be very limited

2. I am grateful for my church for being my spiritual leaders and mentors
3. I'm grateful for my imperfect family. Is there such a thing as a perfect family anyways?
4. I'm grateful for my mental health - A sound mind living in a sound body
5. I am grateful that all my NEEDS are met. 

Career/Goals

6. Saying YES to 2 years in Senegal
7. Signing up for Financial Peace University and getting back on track to being debt free
8. Am grateful for a job that allowed me to travel & discover ALL the NEW ENGLAND states
9. I'm grateful that I haven't lost my ambition for the things am passionate about.

Experiences am grateful for

10. Climbing Mount Washington in New Hampshire...and almost dying in the process.
11. Swimming through a tough waterfall in Honduras
12. Sky diving with Nike and Kalu
13. Attending my first ever US Open Tennis Championship and watching NADAL the great play at the Arthur Ashe stadium
14. Going apple picking at the END of the season and not being successful
15. Attending POETS in Autumn with Jackie Hill Perry  in Rhode Island

Community that made me smile, laugh and scream for joy

16. I am so grateful for my YNG community for their support in my time of grieve
17. My women of Vision group of amazing ladies and foodies in christ
18. Karla and Mambi's life group and everyone who showed up to go on adventures with us.
19. Alex and Paige's Life group of prayer and worship
20. Game nights with Gladys because laughter is good for the soul❤️
21. Brother Khari, for being the best mafia narrator I know
22. I am grateful to everyone who showed up at our Friends giving 
23. ❤️ Humans of Honduras ❤️
24. No man is an island. I am grateful for all my friends out of state and abroad who are as committed to our friendships as I am and are always willing to do the work of building and growing and supporting each other together. May we continue to sharpen each other and hold each other accountable.

Leadership / Mentor ship Roles

25. I am grateful for being part of the YNG 2019 retreat
26. I am grateful for Karla agreeing to lead the life group with me
27. I am grateful for all I learned by becoming a Guest Services Team Lead
28. For the growth I see in my mentees....I am grateful they clearly do listen to me even though they sometimes act like they don't  :)
29. I'm grateful for the mentors in my life who are always ready with some faith based wisdom for me.

Travel 

30. Going to Upstate New York  for a one of a kind Bakweri Cameroonian Wedding
31. Attending the 1st ever live podcast of Redefining wealth with Patricia Washington
32. Traveling on a Mission Trip to Honduras with IFC's Young Adult Ministry
33. Spending Christmas and New Year in Mexico for over 2 weeks
34. Attending my friend's dad's 60th celebration in Suada Studios, Atlanta, GA
35. Going to the Hill Song Concert at Madison Square Garden in NEW YORK city


Previous Birthday Reflections

No comments:

Post a Comment