May 18, 2018

Chili My Way


Instead of doing a chili recipe, I am going to talk about how I like my chili. Chili is one of those meals you can have in any season.
In the winter time I like my chili chunky and spicy. The spice helps to elevate my body temperature and keep me warm in the cold weather. 

In the summertime, I like it light  and full of flavor.

 During the spring and fall weather, am much more experimental with it adding signature seasonal flavours like curry, pumpkin and etc

I cook chili when am looking for an all you can eat healthy comfort food to appease my emotional state.

I cook chili when I've ran out of time to get groceries and I have to make do with my sparse pantry.

I cook chili using leftovers.

How to cook Chili

My favourite way to cook chili is in a crock pot because am a lazy cook with a busy work schedule. There's nothing better than dumping everything into a crockpot in the morning and coming home to a house smelling of cooked food ready to go for dinner.

Another medium to cook chili is over a stove.

I'm not sure you can cook it in the microwave unless you're just heating up a store bought canned or frozen pre cooked version.

What's in my Chili 

The basic foundations of a good chili meal is the Chili Pepper itself, proteins, vegetables and seasonings based on your palate.

Proteins: I actually prefer my chili with NO MEAT. Adding beans to chili can be a great substitution for meat. When I do use meat, I rely on ground turkey.

I will like to add that the original** chili recipe that came from south america DID NOT include beans.That is why famous regions like Texas do not put beans in their chili recipe. Just Meat + Chili.

Carbs (Starchy Vegetable) : I love corn. Corn usually dominates my chili more than any other grain.

Vegetables: Onions, Tomatoes, Bell Peppers, Celery

Chili Companions

I do not eat my chili with anything. I like it just as it is.
But if you must, you can eat your chili with corn chips, bread slices, rice, tubers like potato, yam,  plantains and etc?

I like my chili plain with no whip cream, no cheese but 
YEEEEES to Avocado!

____________________________________________


For more information about this favourite south american dish that was transplanted to america, please visit
Yes, that's a thing.
Yes they do national and international chili cook offs.

The 2018 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP CHILI COOK OFF 
will take place in
Saint Louis 28th- 30th

Traditional Red adult champion earns $25,000 
Homestyle adult champion earns $20,000


May be we should all sign up and try to earn some extra cash



No comments:

Post a Comment