February 15, 2016

Hiking and Cross Country Skiing in New Hampshire


Now that am safely tucked in the comfort of my warm home,

✓  Comfy blankets
✓ Heat panels
✓  Fuzzy Socks
✓ Hot Chocolate Irish Coffee 

Let's talk about my trip to New Hampshire's White Mountains region 

I haven't slept in a bunk bed since I left boarding school in Cameroon 15 years ago


Winter time lodge chilling sounds cool until you feel the bitterness of the winter


 A session on winter first Aid because SAFETY FIRST always


Nature is extraordinarily beautiful when covered in snow flakes


I learned a lot about myself on this trip.


#1. With the right winter gear, I can actually fall in love with winter/cold sports


#2. I'm tougher than I give myself credit


#3 But I'm also not as tough as I like to think I am...I know.. contradictory


#4 I am scared of intentionally falling . Being a soccer player/goalkeeper, I have no problem slide tackling or diving for a ball. BUT the mechanism of falling in cross country skiing is completely different. The idea of just letting myself go is terrifying. At least in soccer, sliding and diving has a purpose, a target. And to think last year I was zip lining through mexico's rain forest.


This was a great way to start the new year .Am looking forward to trying more new experiences food  especially if it involves testing my physical abilities.

Special thanks to YOP & The Appalachian Mountain Club

No comments:

Post a Comment