October 13, 2015

No Sugar Challenge Day 1

Even though I was prepared for day 1, there were still unpredictable moments and temptations that I needed to work through.

Breakfast was easy since I typically have a simple meal anyways. Tea  with lemon, no sugar and a granular bar. Some of the sugar challenges say no granular bars, no carbs, no protein powder energy shakes at all. The one I ate (cant remember the brand at the moment) had raisins, and >1g of sugar per serving. It wasn't until later, that I concluded that perhaps I should also cut off granular bars.

For snacks I had green grapes and apples. I am okay with eating this because they are more sour than sweet. I will not be eating fruits that are on the sweet side such as banana, pineapples, mangoes and berries.
(Sample grocery list. Save Image and enlarge to see prints clearly)

Lunch was tricky because I ended up in a friend's home instead of mine. I was able to ransack her fridge and had a small amount of rice with vegetables and eggs. The only down side was the rice. It was white. But once again, I am okay with this on day one because this is all a new learning process for me. I don't want to be militant about it. I want it to be something that could perhaps transition into a full time lifestyle change. And if that's going to be the case, rice(brown) is going to be part of my equation. Another food item I will not be getting rid of is bread. I have heard and read a lot about the Ezekiel bread. I don't have it yet but will be making a run to my local wholefood to find it later on today. 

But I have also read that if you are gluten sensitive, avoid this bread.

For dinner  I had fish and an apple as a late night snack.

I will try to chronicle my meals but they may not necessarily become journal posts. So far I feel Okay.

 Please remember, I am not a nutritionist. My information is based on researching expert opinions in the field.




No comments:

Post a Comment