August 19, 2015

Low Carb Meal (Egg Plant Parmesan)

  EGGPLANTS

It started off as an attempt to make a vegetarian and low carb option of the famously delicious Italian lasagna. Egg plants work as perfect substitutes for carbs while still giving your the "fullness" that is sometimes missing in most plant/vegetable based meals.

Somewhere along the line, I ran out of time and decided to instead settle for a stuffed eggplant Parmesan....which by the way uses the same ingredients with the exception of the ricotta cheese.

I also used ground Italian sausage...so if you're vegetarian, skip that step.

Voici mon resulta!

well....before i put it in the oven for the cheese to melt etc

There are many versions of this dish/recipe online but I got mine from Closet Cooking.

It was pretty straight forward and easy to follow. I loved incorporating the scooped-out inside of the eggplant as part of the sauce. It gave the dish an extra delightful taste.

I also used more portion sizes than the recipe so that I could have some left over "sauce mixture" to use as a companion for other meals.

Bonne Appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment