September 14, 2014

Black Girls Run Conference - Atlanta



As part of my summer vacation, I planned a trip to Atlanta for the Black Girls Run 2014 Sweat with Your Sole Conference.
I also registered for the 5k instead of the 10k because I was running with friends who were not good runners.


 This was my first time attending a BGR conference.
 I felt a little bit overwhelmed in a positive way at the sheer amount of black women who turned UP! for this conference. This validates that the message of health and fitness is being spread out  and people are listening to us.





 I was also surprised by how popular ALL the fitness classes offered where. Every class was filled up with people like me trying to get into them

There was a lot of networking opportunities to meet other members from different states.

I took a day off from BGR events and headed south of Atlanta to do a 5k at my former school Clayton State in preparation of the Sweat with Your Sole race.

I never forgot about Clayton's ninja geese who chase you around campus. But I had forgotten about the Campus's beautiful lakes.

It was nostalgic running on the same route we used on the women soccer team for the 12mins/2mile cooper test at the beginning of each season.















RACE DAY


All in all, I had a great time at the conference and am looking forward to BGR 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment