March 18, 2014

Jennifer Hudson Quits Weight Watchers



Its about time.

I'm glad she lost the weight but for the love of all things wellness, her weight didn't define her to begin with.

She was and still is an amazing singer and actress.

Yet somehow the only thing she became known for was loosing weight with Weight Watchers.



I'm proud of what she's doing. As a woman of color, I hope young black girls can look at her and stop making the excuse that they can't loose the weight because its 
"genetics", or "its not fat, am just thick/bigbones"...


I too used that excuse when I was 200lbs, unfit with very little muscle mass

You can be "curvy" and fit/healthy. 
But most of the time, that's not the case. 


Sometimes its good to have a role model who comes from the same culture/heritage/circumstances as you do because your lives are more comparable.
It becomes easier to get motivated that if they can do it, so can you.

I'm looking forward to seeing her in more acting and singing projects so I can fall back in love with this lady below. 

This is who America fell in love with on American Idol

No comments:

Post a Comment