April 29, 2012

Atlanta Week-end Deuxieme parti


SAM_1187
My second weekend in Atlanta was so much fun. It's as  if the gods
 of fairness decided to set back the balance of good and evil and compensate me with extra happiness for all the largely untold drama that had taken place the previous weekend.

A crazy flight with stoppage to fuel up had me getting to Atlanta later than anticipated. As if I wasn’t tired enough, the rental car company I had booked spent almost an hour debating the legitimacy of the one alphabet difference in the  name on my driver’s license versus the one on my debit card. At which point the superior manager was called to settle the debate and upon pulling my record, found out that I had rented from the same company for a span of 3 years on my yearly summer trips to LA. ….see? it pays to travel!
SAM_1167
Suffice to say, Friday was a no show. I was dead tired and went straight to bed.
They say you’re day is a reflection of how you wake up. I was about to find this statement to be true. Saturday morning, my host and great friend wakes me up to a session of Insanity Fitness. I swear I thought I was dreaming. So I agreed thinking….it’s a dream. Next thing I know, am sweating profusely,using muscles I haven't  engaged in years and surprisingly hanging in throughout the 45 mins session. It turned out to be a better morning perk up remedy than my  usual coffee + espresso shots
.
Yes mes amis…Exercise Is Medicine. You gotta act?do? what you preach right?

After some refueling (shoveling food to make up for the calories I just burned), I headed out to the Sweet Water Festival with some friends close to Little 5 Points. It  is afternoons like this…girls day outs on a nice sunny day…that makes me miss atlanta soooooo much. After a 10 + years affair one cannot expect me to just move on. Don’t get me wrong, Boston is a great lover ^_^….but lacks that southern hospitality and charm that serenades a girl.


                           4578
(the yellow sign reads: Unattended children will be sold as slaves.....hilarious)
Every summer I attend festivals and particularly sweet water festivals…HOWEVER, I DO NOT DRINK BEER….and its not from a lack of trying…I have tried...on several occasion and my palate just does not agree with that awful taste.

                SAM_1168SAM_1169
                SAM_1171SAM_1172

On the other hand, am not a sandwich (hot or cold) fan BUT for some reasons I love eating all the greasy festival foods. Sandwiches and hot dogs. Something about the ambiance of a festival makes them taste better to me.
After my friends had all gotten their beers, we went hunting for mixed drinks for me and luckily found one.
SAM_1170SAM_1175
SAM_1182SAM_1183



$6.00 margaritas.
 At first I was worried it will be watered down but was pleasantly shocked at how STRONG the drink was..I only had one cup the entire time I was there
SAM_1174

They also had shots which the old college soccer playing wild child would have gladly indulged in but I EXERCISED restrain and only ordered my margaritas.
Somewhere between the festival and what not, I ended up at a bbq party in Marietta (about 30 mins drive from Little 5 points)  and had some nice delicious food with Caribbean themed rum  mixed drinks. Next thing I know..my friends and I are dressing up to attend a surprise birthday party at Two Urban Licks. Luckily for me, my years of traveling has taught me to drive with all my crap in my rental car trunk because I never know what the day will have in store for me You can still identify the festival band on my arm
SAM_1190

SAM_1193
SAM_1195
We arrive the birthday dinner almost 2 hrs late thinking we missed the whole surprise fireworks but Helas…we are dealing with Africans here…1 HR to midnight and the guest of honor is no where to be found. On the other hand, I had the pleasure of running into 2 of my boarding school mates…who where also there for the dinner…small world*

The night must have still been young IN OUR MINDS because through out that madness we where still debating what club to go to for the grand night finale. At this point the night takes a turn that some will consider an ode to the movie “The Hangover”…All I can say is, I got home from CREAM LOUNGE & co at 5 am debating whether I should bother sleeping at all or just stay up and start getting ready for the 10:00 am Sunday wedding I had specifically travelled from Boston to attend.

15



The lovely bride and groom  (pictured on the  left) would surely murder me for being in Atlanta but not making it to the wedding because I “overslept”. Sadly for me the decision to sleep or not was taken out of my hands as I was staying with 2 grooms men who had to be up and ready pretty early. So I stayed up with them and slowly started the process of making my sleep deprived self look presentable for the wedding.
A burned ballroom dress from an extremely hot iron, a limo breakdown  and missing shoes disasters later, VOILA!

14
At the Four Seasons in Atlanta, Ga
The wedding was Beautiful. Small, and an Intimate Affair. I now want the bride to be my future wedding planner. I hope she reads this ^_^

17
Groomsmen
16
18
LES AMOUREUX
The rest of my Sunday after the reception was spent napping,having 1-1 tete a tete convos with my close friends just to catch up with theirs and my life. I came back to Boston with my cup over flowing with love, peace  and happiness. Family indeed does not stop with those you share a DNA. So choose wisely mes amis

No comments:

Post a Comment